Learner Driver Opportunities
1) ACE College in Lismore continue to offer 10 free driving lessons (contributes 30 hours towards P’s) for people who have left school. For specific eligibility and course information go to: https://www.acecolleges.edu.au/course-category/driver-education/aboriginal-driving-program/
2) ACE College also offer an L’s Course and a course to prepare for the RMS Hazard Perception test. For specific eligibility and course information go to: https://www.acecolleges.edu.au/course-category/driver-education/
3) PCYC Safe Drivers Course enables a 20 hour credit to P’s however participants need to have already accrued a minimum 50 hours driving to be eligible to do the course. For more information go to: https://pcycdrivereducation.org.au/safer-drivers-course/
4) A Learner driver accompanied by their supervising driver (parent or other significant adult) can receive one free driving lesson to assist the supervising driver with skills when they are accompanying the Learner driver to accrue driving hours. For information go to: https://www.keys2drive.com.au
5) HART Services Driving Assistance Program offers driving lessons with qualified driving instructors who are very experienced in teaching participants with barriers. They are accessible to assist participants in obtaining their Provisional drivers licence via: NDIS plan funding; self-payment of $75 per hour; or brokerage from a service provider such as employment or community service providers. Further information is available by contacting Angela at HART Services on 0468-951-007 or 02-6628-6000 or via their website: http://www.hartservices.org.au/index.php/services/driving-assistance-program
6) Employment providers in some situations can pay for people who might need some driving lessons to assist with gaining a license to assist with job readiness.
7) Private driving instructor companies exist across Northern Rivers which can be found by searching online and the Yellow Pages.
8) The Parents Next program in some instances for eligible clients can fund driving lessons. Contact your local office for further information.
9) If you are engaged with any community service providers, do ask them if they have brokerage funding that could be accessed to support learner driver opportunities for yourself.